Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Still running, still lazy

Too lazy to get out of bed and run this morning. Too lazy to dress and run outdoors. Too lazy to think of anything worthwhile to write. I really gotta turn it around.

I do have a couple of ideas in the works, but they’re not quite ready for public consumption. Soon, I think. I realized tonight as I labored through 3.5 miles that I have to get my rear in gear if I’m going to do the Bix again this year. I haven’t done even 5 miles at a clip since August. Bix, for those of you who don’t know, is 7 miles, with some significant hills, in the heat of July.

I have running friends who do half-marathons, marathons, 50Ks, ultra-marathons (we’re talking 50 miles!). I’m not comparing myself or measuring against their yard stick. But I’d like to reach my own goals, which include doing the Bix again. I think I’ll shoot for the CASI St. Patrick’s Day 5K again, too.   

Today's Stats
Temp: 33 degrees F outside
Distance: 3.5 miles
Weekly Total: 6 miles
Treasure: Nada.

iPod Playlist (shuffle)
Owner of a Lonely Heart - Yes
Slipstream - Jethro Tull
Seasonal (Acoustic) - Ryan Patrick
Heartbreak Warfare - John Mayer
Caught Up In You - .38 Special
Father, Son - Peter Gabriel
(I've Had) The Timeof My Life - Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes (I'm man enough to admit I like this and suffer your slings and arrows. Screw you, "Dirty Dancing" haters!)
Love Comes to Everyone - George Harrison
One Lonely Night - REO Speedwagon

"Positively no one allowed on playing floor with street shoes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment