Saturday, January 14, 2012

Baby, It’s Cold Outside

I decided Friday morning to find out just how cold it was outside by running a block in my shorts and sleeveless shirt (indoor/summer apparel). Here’s a video of that experiment.

 

The guy I met coming off the elevator as I was going back inside to do my actual run must have thought I was nuts, as, no doubt, did the folks sitting in the coffee shop across the street when I stepped out the front door. They wouldn’t be far off.

As I’ve noted previously, the trouble with running indoors is there isn’t much to find. That leaves me little to write about. Well, I did find a microwaveable hand warmer in the parking lot at Family Video on Thursday. That was cool. I saw the box lying in the snow when I arrived and made note to check it out when I left. The pink plastic packet that you nuke caught my attention as I was leaving (hadn’t noticed it when I first got there. I stopped and picked it up, unsure at first just what it was. Then I nabbed the box and realized they were together. The padded cloth case for the gel pack was still in the box. There was a Bergner’s sticker on the box with the $10 price marked out in black. It’s a Dearfoams product.

Well, it seems I’m still running behind schedule (worked late, partied later – oops.) Time to get about my day. I’ll save one other tidbit for later.

Today's Stats
Temp: 15 degrees F
Distance: 3 miles
Weekly Total: 6.5 miles
Treasure: 1 microwaveable hand warmer.

iPod Playlist (shuffle)
One Lonely Night – REO Speedwagon (Great video - I had forgotten)
Stay the Night – Chicago
Summertime – New Kids on the Block
Splendid Isolation (cover) – Pete Yorn
Turpentine – JJ Grey & Mofro
Elected – Alice Cooper (featuring Rob Zombie and Slash)
Easy Lover – Phil Collins
What’s On Your Mind (Pure Energy) – Information Society

No comments:

Post a Comment