Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Anniversary to Me!

I'm sorry, is that a little narcissistic? Self-serving? Oh well. C'est la vie! (I know but one other French phrase; no wonder I got a C -- or was it a D?) Lost & Found began a year ago, Thanksgiving Day 2010. Like the first day, today is a day I'm not running, at least not literally. I'll have a quick turkey dinner this afternoon and then hustle off to work so the readers of The Register-Mail have a newspaper tomorrow when they get back from their Black Friday shopping.

I did run yesterday, though, and ran out of time to write, so it works out. The part that doesn't work out is my memory of what I was thinking at the time, what I saw in particular that might have been worth trying to make interesting. Maybe there was nothing, in which case ... no loss.

So, for lack of anything better, I'll note the irony and personal satisfaction of finding a smashed videocassette of "Survivor" in the intersection of Seminary and Losey streets. I'm not big on "reality" TV shows. I'll admit a short-lived attraction to "Dancing With The Stars" (mostly because of the hot babes in skimpy costumes). But the rest of that crap is pretty uninteresting to me. 

Decorations in the entryway at
The Register-Mail.
It was perhaps fitting that on the day before Thanksgiving, two days before the commercially official start of Christmas, I should find a Christmas tree ornament. Time to look for a tree! A Charlie Brown twig would be about right -- I have only a couple of ornaments. As for presents ... I'll post my address later.

Today's Stats (Nov. 23)
Temp: 38 degrees F
Distance: 3.25 miles
Weekly Total: 6.45 miles
Treasure: 1 gold Christmas ornament (plastic ball); 1 "Survivor" VHS tape (smashed by traffic); 1 Transformers sticker; 2 cans.

iPod Playlist (shuffle)
Nowhere to Run - Santana
Warehouse - Dave Matthews Band
You're Only Human - Billy Joel
Just The Other Side of Nowhere - John Prine and Mac Wiseman
Down To You - Joni Mitchell
Three Women - Rachel Portman (Chocolat soundtrack)
Thing Called Love - Bonnie Raitt
Ya Ya - Lee Dorsey
You're the Inspiration - Chicago (Known by D1 when she was young as "You're the Instigation")


No comments:

Post a Comment