Thursday, November 25, 2010

Irony, iruny

I suppose it's ironic that I should start my running blog on a day when I haven't run. What the hey, it's Thanksgiving and I have a little time because I'm not the one doing the cooking. Lucky me. Lucky family! I hit the streets three or four times a week, jogging an average of 13 miles total (3 miles one day, 6 another, 4 the third, whatever).

Mostly I notice the weather, the natural surroundings in my neighborhood, oh, and the freakin' garbage. (More on that later.) But just after Halloween I began to notice goodies. No, I'm not talking about candy droppings, though I did spot a few Tootsie Rolls and Dum-Dum suckers. I started finding cool stuff on my runs. Nov. 1 I picked up a couple of stocking caps. Later I found two bangle bracelets and a child's knit glove. That same day I rescued a Papa John's pizza flag on a broken car-window clip-pole. There's a lot more, and that'll be my subject matter, primarily.

OK, why would I pick up cigarette hard packs? It's a long story, so I'll try to abbreviate. I found a cedar cigarette holder from the Wisconsin Dells with two wells for packs of cigarette and a slot for a book of matches. I thought a couple hard packs would complete the look and provide storage for some of my many earbuds. Photo later.





1 comment:

  1. A cedar cigarette holder doubling as an earbud holder--creativity at its finest :)

    ReplyDelete