Thursday, June 30, 2011

Photo Finish

Finally got around to selecting and tweaking some of the photos I snapped the day of the Railroad Days 5K. No words to fill spaces between pix, so they'll appear here large. And as soon as my photographer/musician buddy Steve sends me the shots he took I'll add a few more.

Race participants sign up and receive their packets at the table for race-day
registration under the Optimists shelter in Optimist Park at Hawthorne Centre.

Volunteers don safety vests and prepare for the start of the race.

My buddy Kent Kriegshauser pays attention to every detail when he
shoots an assignment, this one a freelance gig for the RR Days Committee.
Runners cool down with water and stories after the race. These gals
finished about the same time I did.

My favorite part: A volunteer lays out the post-race snacks.

Jennifer Holmes of Trinity Lutheran Church delivered a
recycling bag. Very thoughtful. One of my pet peeves
is a public event without recycling receptacles.

No Spike For You! Had the Spike Nazi
been there last Saturday, those would
have been his words to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment