Friday, July 1, 2011

Training Day 1

Decorated sidewalk on North Broad Street.
Name that tune. Hint: Good Knight.
Today I start anew. I am in training. I have a goal. I have a dream. I am not Martin Luther King. And for now my goal will be kept to myself. Inspiration must first come from within.

Time to keep it regular. Maybe even up the number of days and/or miles. Time to watch what I eat more closely. I'm not so worried about the meals; it's the snacking that gets me. Time to cut back on the soda again. Time to rise early to avoid the heat.

A 9 a.m. start today wasn't too bad at 77 degrees, especially on the shaded streets to the north. The cool breeze was really nice, too. But the wide open areas like Broad Street and Losey were toasty in the morning sun. I'll be looking to keep it cool in the days ahead.

Today's Stats
Temp: 77 degrees F
Distance: 3 miles
Weekly Total: 8 miles
Treasure: 1 blue and white striped tank, size XS (from The Gap); 1 Phillips GoGear Vibe mp3 player (8gb, broken); 14 cans.

iPod Playlist (shuffle)
Ride Wit Me - Nelly (featuring City Spud)
Keep Me In Your Heart - Warren Zevon
Brandy (You're a Fine Girl) - Looking Glass
Persuasion - Santana
She Collected - Joe Ely
Strong - Velvet Chain
Cindy Incidentally - The Faces
What Am I To You? - Norah Jones
Natural Thing - John Fogerty

No comments:

Post a Comment