Friday, June 3, 2011

Get Outta The Kitchen

As in, "If you can't stand the heat..." And the heat is on. The mercury hit 91 today but it didn't seem so bad until I went for a run. I mean, it was hot while I painted railing and wrestled with dilapidated porch steps, but it wasn't unbearable. Guess I really wasn't exerting myself too much.

Tried the new kicks today: Saucony Pro Grid Guide 3s. Nice.
But running is more of an effort than painting and pounding busted screws flat. I must admit I'm a little out of shape after my extended recuperation time. I had to walk a few blocks (never more than one at a time) during the course of this evening's route. I was just beat; the heat forced me out of the kitchen all right. Actually it forced me indoors into the air conditioning.

Besides the sweat I found only eight cans on this jaunt. Not exactly a treasure trove. The real treasure came after the run and a shower. As I walked down to check out First Fridays on Seminary Street, sitting outside my building was my favorite car, in my favorite color. Check it out.

Today's Stats
Temp: 91 degrees F
Distance: 3.1 miles
Weekly Total: 5.8 miles
Treasure: 8 cans.

iPod Playlist (shuffle)
A Taste of Honey - The Beatles
Miss Judy's Farm (live) - The Faces
Blue Jean Blues - ZZ Top
Say Goodbye to Hollywood - Billy Joel
If Not for You - George Harrison
The Stealer (live) - The Faces
Future Shock - Curtis Mayfield
Contact - The Police
A Sort of Homecoming - U2
Big Yellow Taxi (Radio Mix) - Joni Mitchell

1 comment:

  1. Rocken car! (Mr. Man is sitting with me and agrees by the way) If I ever get around to that mid-life crises that is what I am getting.

    ReplyDelete