Friday, February 4, 2011

Target acquired

I've now gone a full week without running. It sucks. But the leg is getting better and I think I'll be able to return to form Monday. No running doesn't mean no exercise, though. I bike everywhere. Even in record-setting blizzard conditions. That's right, Tuesday's storm set Galesburg's single-day snowfall record -- 15 inches.

"Ooh, stop it! Your hand is cold!"
Biking has turned up fewer finds, maybe because I tend to follow the same route to and from work every day and haven't had a lot of other errands to do. But today's trip to Target netted a knit glove with rubberized palm and fingers and I found a doozy of a street treasure coming home from work late the other night. Frozen to the pavement of the Cottage Hospital parking lot at Kellogg and Losey streets, near the apartments on that corner, was a beautiful blue brassiere. Maybe I should have left it for the poor gal who evidently lost it from her laundry basket, but I figured: a.) It had been there a while as it was frozen solid and had to be pried off the ground, and 2.) She probably wouldn't wear it again after it had been frozen to the parking lot. Maybe I'm wrong, and I feel a little guilty about that; I mean it's a really nice bra -- a lacy, padded Victoria's Secret "Dream Angels" Lined Demi Bra, size 36D. That baby retails for $45. Actually it washed up rather nicely. Now what do I do with it?

Target, by the way, was the source of Monster trail mix, Gold Bond foot cream, facial tissues and contact lens rewetting drops. Lowe's provided a repair kit for the kitchen faucet. Do you care for my shopping list? I didn't think so but I've got nothing else at the moment.

Today's Stats
Riding, not running
Distance: 5.2 miles
Treasure: 2 Coke cans; 1 black knit glove with rubberized palm/fingers; 1 Victoria's Secret bra (earlier this week)

No comments:

Post a Comment