Monday, January 31, 2011

Running to stand still

Old medicine bottle backlit
by a candle.
Running is cathartic and energizing, therapeutic and calming. I always feel better after a run, whatever ails me, even a sore leg. But as I wrote previously, if the pain is simply masked by all those yummy endorphins, you could be doing yourself a disservice to ignore the underlying symptom just because it's lessened by natural body chemistry.

So it is that I did not run this morning. The leg feels better but I think I've only prolonged the problem by hitting the streets too soon when it first began to improve a couple weeks ago. Maybe it's time to see the doc about it. I don't know. Whatever, I need to do something more than nothing. Maybe a liniment rub or some Icy Hot...

Sailor Jerry handle bottles
have tattoo girls on both
sides of the label.
In the meantime, let me share my latest artistic expressions -- alas, not made from any of my street finds; still working on that. I am fascinated by low-light photography and some of the cool images I've discovered.

Green flamingo swizzle stick in a green Rolling Rock glass backlit by Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment