Friday, January 7, 2011

I can honestly and sincerely say ...

... that the devil had nothing to do with this next song, a song entitled "Snowblind." - James Young of Styx, "Caught in the Act"

That's right, we have snow again. OK, not really enough to make one snowblind, but there were diminishing flurries when I started out this morning. Already it's lunch time, though, so this is just a taste of things to come for y'all.

Speaking of honesty and sincerity, I have to say it was a lackluster day for scavenging. I really only found a variety of tracks in the snow and three measly cans, and those were picked up a block from home at the very start of my run. Rest assured, though, that I will update this post again tonight with some fun stuff. Trust me.

Being new to blogging, I'm not sure if this is proper form, to add to an original post hours later. Should I be making a totally new post? Hopefully you who read regularly will check out the update. I promised it would be worth a revisit. So I will give you a video. I've learned a little more about how to add audio and how to diminish the original soundtrack (to eliminate my huffing and puffing). And talk about exciting, this video, while crazy jumpy and of rather limited scope, was shot on my new Sharper Image U-Video camera. I lamented last week about missing out on the sale at JCPenney, but a subsequent trip to Peoria netted the gadget on sale at the store in the mall over there. Yea!

Alas, I'm still learning and I haven't mastered the steady-cam technique, so it's a little like "The Blair Witch Project." And sorry about the glitch on the lens. For the soundtrack I grabbed the aforementioned song intro by James Young from Styx's live album "Caught in the Act."



Today's Stats
Temp: 21 degrees F
Distance: 6.5 miles
Weekly Total: 16 miles
Treasure: 3 cans; 2 cool painted mailboxes; several tracks in snow: squirrel, rabbit, car, bicycle, dog, human.

iPod Playlist (shuffle)
This Land is Your Land - The Waterboys
Supermodels - Kendall Payne
Get Back - The Beatles
The Secret Marriage - Sting
Looking for the Next Best Thing - Warren Zevon
I Want to Hold Your Hand - The Beatles
Just the Way You Are - Billy Joel
Good Times Bad Times - Led Zeppelin
Angry - Matchbox Twenty
Hey You - Pink Floyd
The Night Before - The Beatles
I've Just Seen a Face - The Beatles
Heartbreak Warfare - John Mayer
Bent - Matchbox Twenty
Have a Cigar - Pink Floyd
Help! - The Beatles
Big Shot - Billy Joel
Comfortable (live) - John Mayer
Rest Stop - Matchbox Twenty

1 comment: