Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Home Run

Today was sort of a mini-triathlon for me. I biked, ran and did house work. That last one substitutes for swimming. Mum says house work is good exercise, but my co-worker and fellow cyclist Ken asked if I kept my heart rate up. No, but my knees were put to the test, so that’s something.
 
I called this Home Run because, well, it was about home. In a sense. Not sure I can make sense of it all, but here’s how it came together.

First, D3 (Moll) biked to my house, my home, last night for dinner and a visit. Because it was dark when she had to leave, I drove her home, figuring we’d return her bike later. Without spelling it out at the time, I thought I’d just ride the bike – my old Trek 830 Mountain Track – to her house today on my way to clean my parents’ house, which I do weekly or so.
 
But how to fit in a run today before work at the newspaper? A-ha! Bike to Moll’s house – my former home – and run to my folks’ place – also my former home – and then run home after cleaning. Brilliant!

The bulk of the run – folks’ home to my home – was but 2.79 miles, but I put the total close to 3 miles when including the three blocks from D3’s house to the folks’ place. Follow me? The total, with biking, was 5.05, so I figure I’m close enough. It’s all exercise, right?

Today's Stats
Temp: 76 degrees F
Distance: 3.0 miles (plus 2 miles biking; distances close but not exact)
Weekly Total: 8.77 miles (biking not included)
Treasure: 1 CTA Transit Card (Student Reduced Fare).

iPod Playlist (’80s Dance Mix):
Biking:
You Keep Me Hangin’On – Kim Wilde
Prove Your Love – Taylor Dayne
I Wanna Be a Cowboy – Boys Don’t Cry
Wild, Wild West – Escape Club

Running:
I Want Your Sex(Parts 1&2) – George Michael
Tell It To My Heart – Taylor Dayne
Two of Hearts – Stacey Q
Walk Like An Egyptian – The Bangles
Alive and Kicking – Simple Minds

No comments:

Post a Comment