Wednesday, October 16, 2013

At a Loss

This is late and my mind is blank. My muse is on vacation. I’ve no inspiration for words at the moment. I’m working on the periodic Philmont Memories, but even that is a struggle, though I’ve been making progress. I’m just not happy with it.

But sometimes we just have to do the exercise, right? There are days I don’t feel like running, but I persuade myself to do it because I know it’ll help. I know I need it. So I will write a little here.

I almost passed it by. I’ve done that more the past year or so than I did the first year and a half. I used to stop and pick up just about anything of note, even a scrap of cloth. Sometimes it could be salvaged as a cleaning rag after a round in the washing machine. Now I’ll pass up a soggy magic glove or a dirty dish cloth just because they seem ultimately useless. I have plenty of cleaning rags after all.
 
Well, Tuesday afternoon I was headed west on Third Street when I spotted a red and black plastic circle in the gutter. I thought maybe it was a lid from a jumbo drink, or maybe a broken Hot Wheels toy of some sort. As it turns out, it was a mini flying disc from Arby’s. And it actually flies! I haven’t given it a good test outdoors, but it whizzed across the dining room and living room well enough.
 
Today's Stats
Temp: 60 degrees F
Distance: 4.11 miles
Weekly Total: 4.11 miles
Treasure: 1 Arby’s flying disc; 16 cans.
 
iPod Playlist (Shuffle):
Piano Man – Billy Joel
Careless Whisper – Wham!
Back 2 Good – Matchbox Twenty
Everybody Hurts – Avril Lavigne
Let It Be – The Beatles
Another Time – The Usual
Come Undone – Duran Duran
Only Heart – John Mayer
S.O.S. – ABBA
Southern Cross – Crosby, Stills & Nash
Tell Her About It – Billy Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment