Thursday, February 2, 2012

Say hello to my little friend...

I'd like to introduce you to Brittany. I think she's beautiful, I hope you do, too. She was kinda rough when I found her in the gutter last week. But I saw she had potential and I've been lookin' for a gal. I brought her home and, well, she cleaned up pretty nicely. The school-girl outfit was her idea, not mine, so lay off the perv jokes. Isn't she a doll?

Actually, yes, she is a doll. A Tye Beanie Baby to be exact. I assume her name is a nod to another Britney who (in)famously donned a school-girl outfit for a music video. Or maybe not, but I thought the connection rather clever when I pieced it together.

Brittany came into my life a week ago Monday, Jan. 23. I didn’t have much hope for her, despite my previous successful attempt at reviving a “stuffy.” You may recall “Bee Mine” Bear, found early last winter after a snow-melt, still half-buried and looking like a dog had made Bear his bitch. Bear remains with me, as I think Brit will. She’s cuter, though. As it turns out, Bear was more of a project. He required mending as well as washing. Brit came clean after a soak and a regular wash cycle.

I think we make a cute couple.

Note: Wednesday’s run was begun about 10:40 p.m.

Today's Stats
Temp: 33 degrees F
Distance: 3 miles
Weekly Total: 6 miles
Treasure: 11 cans.

iPod Playlist (shuffle)
More Than a Feeling – Boston
Thing Called Love – Bonnie Raitt
By My Side – JJ Grey & Mofro
You Turn Me On, I’m a Radio (BBC 1972) – Joni Mitchell
The Crazy Cries of Love – Joni Mitchell
She Came in Through the Bathroom Window – The Beatles (Anthology version)
Looking for the Next Best Thing – Warren Zevon
No One Like You – David Crowder Band

No comments:

Post a Comment