Monday, February 6, 2012

Run Between the Raindrops

Indeed. How apropos it was to start Saturday's run (yes, I begged off on Friday, but I got in three runs for the week.) with James McMurtry's "Walk Between the Raindrops." After all it was sprinkling lightly. That rather made it closer to walking between the raindrops – or running as it were – than getting genuinely soaked, which I’ve done before. And, sadly, now that I’m apartment-dwelling and lack the privacy of a yard with concealing shrubbery, I can no longer dance (OK, stand prayer-like) naked in the rain.

Pretty groovy mug, eh?
Of course, while the temps we’ve been experiencing are unseasonably warm, 40 degrees isn’t quite
naked-in-the-rain weather. Yeah, well, enough of that kind of talk. It’s a little racy for a mixed audience. I recall when I posted on Facebook the summer before last about enjoying the rain as God intended how it sent shivers (not the good kind) down the spines of some of my friends.

Well, I’m now two days past the run and three off schedule for posting these trite words so I’d better just wrap it and say, “here you go.” Good stuff is coming, though, so hang in there. I found something new and wonderful on my way home from work last night (tonight?), post-Super Bowl. I think you’ll enjoy reading about it as much as I look forward to finding an exciting use for it.   

Today's Stats
Temp: 40 degrees F
Distance: 2.63 miles
Weekly Total: 8.63 miles
Treasure: 2 plastic gas caps; 1 rainbow mug; 1/2 T-shirt (black, bottom half); 12 cans.

iPod Playlist (shuffle)
Walk Between theRaindrops - James McMurtry
Willie McBride - The Don't Be Brothers
Come On In My Kitchen - Steve Miller Band
Can't Go Home Anymore My Love - The Factotums (featuring Jimmy Page)
Calliope House - The Waterboys
I'm Afraid of Americans - David Bowie
Hard Times - David "Fathead" Newman
Money Is the Name of the Game - Koko Taylor
Highway Patrolman - Bruce Springsteen (Wow, just wow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment