Tuesday, May 3, 2011

All for Naught

Should I return for his pelt? Coonskin caps could come back.
So why did I run today? Guilt over so many skipped days and a screwed-up schedule? That's probably it, really. It was a battle of wills, me against me. The Good Intentions Will said, "Hey, man, let's get up early and run Tuesday. You owe it to yourself and others." 
I listened to him and got up about 6:30. Lay in bed a while, had some breakfast, then lay down again when Sloth Will said, "Dude, it's your day off running and you don't work until afternoon. You're sleepy. Rest, man."

So I listened to him, too, and lay back down. Finally, about 9:45 I got my rear in gear and got outta here. I decided to keep it short, shorter than any regular run since I started a year ago. Glad I did. My shins and calves are aching and my butt still hurts from that mattrass-haul. The worst part is, I bagged a whopping two cans and naught else. Well, I guess I gained the benefit of the run nonetheless. And blogging notwithstanding, that's the real point.

 I'm still working on pix from graduation (waiting for D1 to deliver), but here's one I took as sort of a flash forward. D3 was helping to carry grad gear after the ceremony and department reception and donned D1's mortarboard. Confession to my photog buddies: This shot is posed -- I wasn't quick enough (phone cam takes time to activate). Forgive me.

Today's Stats
Temp: 45 degrees F
Distance: 2.34 miles
Weekly Total: 7.1 miles
Treasure: 2 cans.

Apropos of nothing, I just had to chuckle at
the misfortune of the new bar that used to be
Crappy's. Consider it a lesson in the silliness
of "clever" spellings. Sidetrax started out as
Sidetracks on the awning, or so it appears.
 iPod Playlist (shuffle)
And I Love Her - The Beatles
Midnight in Paris - Wynton Marsalis
There's No Other Way - Blur
It's All Been Done - Barenaked Ladies
Soul Doctor - Foreigner
Rebel Rebel - David Bowie
Do You Want to Know a Secret - The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment