Friday, March 4, 2011

You can run, but you can't hide

Sometimes it's all we can do to eke out the minimum. That's pretty much where I was Thursday. I slept in, but still awoke tired. Motivation was still snoring away, grumpily ignoring my prodding. I moped around the house a while, pondering why I wasn’t already on the street. Eventually I persuaded myself with a bit of advice I heard from a friend in college

Casey's matches flanked by previously found cigarette packs
that now hold earbuds.
My buddy said he had been told that it is the days you least feel like going to church that you really need to be there. I believe that. And I believe the theory can be applied to other positive influences in our lives, like exercise. And so I heeded those words Thursday morning and got my rear in gear and ran.

Because of my dithering, it was a late start and I decided – again – that I would forego the collecting. And as before, I still did not return empty-handed, though I picked up just one item – a yellow and red book of matches from Casey’s General Store, half empty but dry.

I think it’s time to reinstate the early morning run. It’s a good way to start the day and more productive on the collection front. Last run of this week is Saturday. Starting Monday I will see if I can rouse Mr. Motivation at an earlier hour and push him out the door to run around Galesburg and pick up some odds and ends.

Today's Stats
Temp: 39 degrees F
Distance: 3 miles
Weekly Total: 6
Treasure: 1 book of matches from Casey's General Store (half used).

iPod Playlist (shuffle)
Back to You (live) - John Mayer
Slow Down - Ryan Patrick
The Only Living Boy in New York - Simon & Garfunkel
Another Girl - The Beatles
Unanswered Prayers - Garth Brooks
Has Anybody Here Seen Hank? - The Waterboys
Raspberry Beret - Warren Zevon
Communication Breakdown - Led Zeppelin
I Want To Hold Your Hand - The Beatles
I Me Mine - The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment