Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bear With Me

I know, I know. I am way off schedule. Work, pain, what-have-you. But I finally got a run in this evening about 5:30. With the late start and dinner in the works, I decided against collecting today. Or so I thought.

About a block from home I noticed a glove by the side of the street. Despite its despicable Chicago Bears logo, I couldn't pass it by. I hadn't bothered to carry a bag, so I just stuffed it in my pocket. Still, I neglected more than a dozen cans for lack of time and carrying capacity. But gloves kept appearing, beckoning with their outstretched fingers.

So I kept it simple today. A handful of gloves, a bonus stocking cap and a cute little monkey with a curved arm and a curled tail, just like the old Barrel of Monkeys toys but a little larger and bearing a number 6 on his belly. 

But that was it for today's monkey business. More later. 

Today's Stats
Temp: 48 degrees F
Distance: 3 miles
Treasure: 1 Bears glove; 1 black and orange reversible stocking cap (actually from my earlier bike ride to church for praise band practice); 1 light blue knit glove; 1 black and orange mitten/glove; 1 blue plastic monkey (No. 6).

iPod Playlist (shuffle)
Wouldn't It Be Good - Nik Kershaw
Snowblind - Rob Thomas
If You're Gone - Matchbox Twenty
Biko - Peter Gabriel
We Will Not Be Lovers - The Waterboys
Memory - The Call

No comments:

Post a Comment