Sunday, December 1, 2013

Where Are My Words?


I’m not sure this is a case of a missing muse again, or if I am just too distracted to think of anything to write. Maybe a little of both. Maybe I need to get back to looking for stuff on the road.

Today I wanted simply to run. And run I did. Set a PR (that’s personal record) for fastest mile since I’ve been using Nike+ with a 9.17; my pace over the 4 miles was 9.37. I think my fastest 5K pace was about a minute quicker, but I’m older, colder and more sore than before, so I’m happy with that. Besides which, I don’t really care a whole lot about the numbers. But today I did.

It helps that I didn’t stop for anything and that I didn’t hit the bridge until the end and that it was 31 degrees out, which is pretty balmy.

Today's Stats (Saturday, Nov. 30, 2013)
Temp: 31 degrees F
Distance: 4.17 miles
Weekly Total: 12.35 miles
Treasure: Zip.

iPod Playlist (1/2 of the Kent Don’t Know mix):
In The River – The Call
Biko – Peter Gabriel
Streetcorner Symphony – Rob Thomas
Lebanese Blonde – Thievery Corporation
Little Wing – Sting
Bears – Lyle Lovett (Fabulous song)
Anything But Ordinary – Avril Lavigne
Reality – Newsboys
18 Wheeler - Pink (Warning: F-bomb)
Stickshifts And Safetybelts - Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment