Thursday, December 19, 2013

Out of Touch


It’s been a while. More than two weeks since my last run. Lazy. Cold. Slick. Snowy. Slushy. Loads of excuses. None of ’em worth a whit. In this season of cookies, candy, overindulgence, not running is a surefire recipe for feeling blah. 


So today I got out there again. And it felt great. Mother Nature helped by boosting the thermometer to the thirties – so thanks for that, Ma.

The run paid dividends. Besides feeling great and leaving me with that delightful runner’s high, I finally found something I’ve long hoped to run across. Just a couple blocks into my trot I saw it, lying in the snow in the gutter – an iPod Touch! It was beat-up. Chips of plastic were missing around the camera lens and at the bottom right corner. But I gave it a go and pushed the button. To my surprise the Pod came to life.

The screen fluttered a little and I’m not sure if it was really functional – my touch gloves don’t always work and I didn’t feel like peeling one off to swipe the arrow at the bottom of the screen to activate the menu. It was a tempting find. It would have been fun to bring it home and pore over the songs in its memory Good material for a blog, no doubt. But seeing as it was lying right in front of a house, in the gutter where it seemed likely to have fallen out of someone’s pocket entering or exiting a car, I thought better of that idea. Instead I walked up to the porch of the house and laid the Pod on the wooden railing.

Good deed done just in time to fool Santa!

Today's Stats
Temp: 33 degrees F
Distance: 3.6 miles
Weekly Total: 3.6 miles
Treasure: One iPod Touch. I left it on the porch of the house in front of which I found it.

iPod Playlist (Tik Tok Genius mix):
Tik Tok – Ke$ha
Push – Matchbox Twenty
Belief – John Mayer
Nobody’s Home – Avril Lavigne
For You I Will (Confidence) – Teddy Geiger
Absolute – The Fray
My Stupid Mouth – John Mayer
Don’t Panic – Coldplay
Monster – Lady Gaga
Clocks - Coldplay

No comments:

Post a Comment