Friday, December 23, 2011

From 30 to 36

As in, by the time I post this entry it will have been 36 hours since my run Wednesday. I wish I could attribute the delay to holiday busyness. Alas, it was laziness and holiday revelry that occupied my time. Well, and work. But the job is necessary and the other distractions are not.

Huh, no point to this photo of John Elway, Rod
Smith and Tory James from 1996. I just didn't have
an appropriate pic to post.
And, as noted previously, thoughts seem to elude me after a time. Here’s what I have to say: Sometimes you run with a purpose. Sometimes there is a goal or a hope or desire. “Run to something, not away from…, ” sing the Avett Brothers. And that philosophy of a goal or hope or desire runs two ways. There’s the broader intent of physical fitness and its encompassed specifics – lose X pounds, achieve a certain pace or distance – and there’s the type of goal I set for myself when I started this blog: to find things and tell people about them. To share the oddities of life’s detritus left on the streets.

Wednesday’s run was by necessity (due to my laziness) one of expedience, focusing solely on the broader goal of exercise. Pressed for time, I opted to run on the track in my building again. I chose a specific playlist to which I have run many times before, so I could better gauge my distance (still need to recalibrate my pedometer) based on pace and time. Thus the mileage listed is a guess. The pedometer put the numbers at 2.43 miles, 292.9 calories and 5,150 steps.

And with that I am spent. I’ve nothing left to say. I mean, I could quote some of the great lines I’ve heard tonight while watching “The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers” with one eye and both ears tonight while writing, but I don’t think that’s what anyone’s looking for. So, until later…

Today's Stats
Temp: ? degrees F
Distance: 3 miles
Weekly Total: 7.25 miles
Treasure: Nada.

iPod Playlist (Running Mix)
Broken – Lifehouse (Video is a different version than what's on my Pod)
Catch My Disease – Ben Lee
Distance – Ryan Patrick
Heartbreak Warfare – John Mayer
I Will Follow YouInto the Dark – Death Cab for Cutie (Rather a cool video)
I Will Possess YourHeart – Death Cab for Cutie (Different video from the one I posted before; if you like to watch musicians at work, you'll dig this)
Just Like a Pill - Pink (Video is live at Wembley)

No comments:

Post a Comment