Monday, August 29, 2011

Where's my mind?

Blue towel, leather glove and
a Camel cigarette box.

Anyone who answered, "In the gutter," knows me too well. But you're still wrong. I think it's really gone missing. Or at least it's in hiding. I had witty things to say this morning as I ran. A song would inspire a thought, or a passing vehicle or whatever. By the time I'd returned home and showered, it was gone. Couldn't even remember the clever title I'd conjured for today's post.

Then a trip to Peoria to put my sister on a plane and to pick up some bicycle parts (new shifters, new chain) derailed what was left of my thought train and I've got nothin'. So, I think the best course of action is to load this with lots of video links under the playlist and get to work on some long-overdue video.

Today's Stats
Temp: 59 degrees F
Distance: 5 miles
Treasure: 1 blue dish towel; 1 canvas and leather work glove (right); 1 Camel cigarette box; 17 cans.

The nylon Army shorts I found a while back are repaired
now and they are great for today's run.
iPod Playlist (shuffle)
Hold On Loosely - .38 Special
O'Sullivan's March - The Chieftains
Need You Now - Lady Antebellum
Say You Love Me - Fleetwood Mac
Burning Down the House - Talking Heads
(There'll Be) Peace in the Valley (Live) - Johnny Cash
I'm Amazing - Keb' Mo'
A Bird That Whistles - Joni Mitchell
Like a Hurricane - Neil Young
Sister Golden Hair - America
Concerning Hobbits - Howard Shore (LOTR Soundtrack)
Oh Girl - Paul Young
Arizona Skies - Los Lobos
I'm Game - Christophe Beck (TV series "Angel")
The Distance - Cake

1 comment:

  1. I hate when that happens. Great wonderful world saving ideas/thoughts and then they are gone before you can blog about it. Good post reguardless.

    ReplyDelete