Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Election Day is done

Well, this is embarrassing. I haven't run since Sunday. I'll spare the excuses except to say it's been busy, topped by Election Day Tuesday, which brought a split shift and a late night compiling results. The only running I did was biking to work and to the polls, then back to work and finally home.

I did see an interesting sight as I pedaled north on Harrison Street to my polling site at Church of God. One household appeared to support both candidates for Ward 1 alderman. Or maybe the residents there just wanted to remind passers-by of who was on the ballot in that ward. Or maybe it was a house divided, husband for one, wife for the other. Hard to say.

Lastly, here's a little follow-up to a post from last week. The trees by Anderson Cleaners and Cedar Fork are gone. The photo at right shows the stumps that remain.

2 comments: