Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Werewolf Run



Ever make plans and then life interrupts them? Thought so. Tuesday being my day off (yes, I actually have two days off, but Sunday’s way in the past now), I decided to loll in bed extra yesterday. When I finally got up and moving I decided to do errands, which included a visit to the office. After lunch it was time for a short nap (had to let that calzone settle) before a long-overdue run. 

Just to show I was indeed out at night.
Then a friend called in need of, well, a friend. Family and friends first. So I spent my afternoon in good company and enjoyed being there for a friend in need. Then it was family time: D3 came for dinner and a few episodes of “The Walking Dead.” Before I knew it, it was 9:15 and I hadn’t hit the pavement. I was gonna stall and put it off til morning. Then I got some prodding.

I think it was a better idea to run last night when it was 40 degrees and not very windy than to wait until this morning. Even now, at 11 a.m., it’s only 32 degrees, according to trusty ol’ Galesburg.com. Wise choice.

I donned some basic grey sweatpants, a running shirt, my awesome Monster Dash running jacket, gloves and a reflective vest and headed toward Walmart. I needed a good, long run. Five miles would be just the thing. Under the light of the waning full moon, it was a lovely evening. Can’t say nighttime running is conducive to finding stuff on the ground, even with the moonlight, but it allows the mind to wander.

I thought of my friend and helping her talk out some hard times. I thought of work and family and relaxation. Then I thought of Halloween and werewolves and monsters of all sorts. Not enough to scare myself, which has been known to happen, but enough to have a little fun. I think the idea of a zombie run like the recent “Run forYour Lives” is a cool concept. Maybe I’ll do one of those next year.

Today’s Stats Oct. 30
Temp: 40
Time: 9:30 p.m.
Distance: 5 miles

iPod Playlist (Shuffle)
Teenage Dream (Kaskade Club Mix) - Katy Perry
The Stranger - Billy Joel
Piano Man - Billy Joel
Never Surrender - Corey Hart
The Promise – When in Rome
Mad Season – Matchbox 20
State of Shock – The Jacksons (With Mick Jagger)
I Guess that’s Why They Call it the Blues - Elton John
The Stoning – John Debney ("Passion of the Christ" soundtrack)
You’re the Storm – The Cardigans
Half of My Mistakes – Jace Everett
Long Day – Matchbox 20
The Fuse – Bruce Springsteen

Today’s Stats (Oct. 26)
Temp: 30 degrees F
Distance: 3.5 miles?

iPod Shuffle
Wide Boy – Nik Kershaw
One Lonely Night – REO Speedwagon
Sleepwalking – Lyle Lovett
Three Women – Rachel Portman (Chocolat soundtrack)
A Dios – Santana
Mr. Pitiful – The Commitments
Dirty Life &Times – Warren Zevon
By My Side – JJ Grey & Mofro
Jack and Diane – John Mellencamp
In the Dark – Billy Squier
Lately – Greg Brown
The Trial – Pink Floyd

Three Miles Short


It seems my calculations have been a bit off. Recent runs I thought were about 3 miles were likely more in the 2.5-mile range. Oops.

Today's Stats (Oct. 24)
Temp: 62 degrees F
Distance: 3 miles
Treasure: Nothing seen today and I didn’t take a bag anyway.

iPod Playlist (On Shuffle):
A Life Uncommon – Jewel
Don’t Let It End – Styx
Don’t Stop – Fleetwood Mac
I’m Afraid of Americans – David Bowie
Nowhere to Run – Santana
Smooth – Santana (featuring Rob Thomas)
Everything is Comin’ Down – Bo Ramsey

No comments:

Post a Comment