Saturday, November 27, 2010

Revved up like a deuce ...

... another runner in the night. That's right, a night run in November. Because I skipped my Friday morning run in favor of Black Friday shopping with the girls, I had to make up the miles today. The down side, of course, is that you don't spot too many treasures in the dark; decorative street lights in my neighborhood look nice and historic, but they're not very bright. That brings up another down side of night running: road hazards. Fortunately I didn't stumble upon any, but the inability to see the terrain ahead can be dangerous, especially on old streets with crumbling and buckling asphalt.

I left the house at 5:10 and returned about 30 minutes later, logging 3 miles to bring my weekly total to just under 14 miles. The outside temperature when I returned: 32 degrees F.

With no goodies to report (I did spot what I thought might be a flash drive, but it was just a piece of broken plastic), I'll report on tonight's iPod playlist. With the Nano set on shuffle, here's what I heard:

Foolish Games - Jewel
Sweet Thing - The Waterboys
Streetcorner Symphony - Rob Thomas
Love You 'Til the End - The Pogues
Englishman in New York - Sting
Lightning Crashes - Live

So, there you have it. Maybe Monday will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment